An <a href="http://www.vwsmppsystems.com/systems/mtbe-treatment go to this web-site.html”>MTBE treatment can be used for cleaning water. If MTBE comes in contact with water, it becomes non-potable. It gives water quite an unpleasant taste, even at very low concentrations. That is why it can render large quantities of water non-potable. Which MTBE treatment to use is dependent upon what is contaminated; water, soil or anything else. Based on this information an appropriate MTBE treatment is suggested. If it contaminates water it’s not only hazardous for the environment, but also for the people living in this environment that are dependent upon this water for drinking water.
Saving the environment with MTBE treatment
A MTBE treatment is not an easy task, but worthwhile since it results in a cleaner environment. It can even save the environment from severe contamination. MTBE is also called methyl tert-butyl ether and coming into contact with water or soil it renders it dangerous for the health of humans and animals. Water becomes non-potable and soil useless for growing plants/crops etc. MTBE is manufactured via a chemical reaction of methanol and isobutylene. The first one is acquired via natural gasses and isobutylene is derived from butane. In other words, it’s derived from fossil fuels. An MTBE treatment has a very high separation performance and low energy consumption. It’s also quite cost competitive. Therefore it’s an interesting treatment with which the environment can be saved or at least the effects can be mitigated.
When use a MTBE treatment?
A MTBE treatment is usually used when soil or water is contaminated by methyl tert-butyl ether. MTBE is an organic compound and is volatile, flammable, and a colorless liquid. This liquid however is soluble in water. Usually it’s used as a gasoline additive to raise the octane number. It helps the gasoline burn more completely and is a low cost liquid. Also it’s used as a soluble in labs, because it’s a fairly polar ether and has a reduced tendency to form explosive organic peroxides. It’s usually safe for years. However if this liquid hits the soil or drinking water, a MTBE treatment is advisable to make sure the water for example stays potable.