Image default

HollandZorg: the best health insurance for migrant workers

As a foreign employee who is temporarily working in the Netherlands, you are most likely obligated to take out health insurance. You can do this with HollandZorg, an independent health insurer that specializes in health insurance for foreign migrant workers. HollandZorg sets itself apart with multilingual service, high-quality support and additional reimbursements. It’s no coincidence that many employers and temporary employment agencies choose the health insurance policies of HollandZorg.

Entitled to healthcare reimbursements with the EHIC card

After you have taken out health insurance with HollandZorg you’ll receive an EHIC card. This health insurance card entitles you to reimbursement of essential healthcare costs. Not only in EU countries, but also in Switzerland and the EEA countries of Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway. Almost all foreign hospitals are familiar with the European Health Insurance Card. The policy coverage is different for each country, though.

Healthcare allowance as a contribution towards medical costs

As a foreign employee in the Netherlands, you can apply for a healthcare allowance at the Dutch tax office. The amount of the healthcare allowance for foreigners – a financial contribution by the state towards the costs of healthcare – depends on your income. You are eligible to receive a health care allowance if you’re at least 18 years old, have a low or middle income, have a residence permit or are a resident of the European Union, and work or are on benefits in the Netherlands.

For questions about our health insurance for flex migrants, please contact our customer service on working days. They can be reached by telephone (+31 (0) 570 687 123) or by filling out the contact form on our website hollandzorg.com. You can also visit our office at Munsterstraat 7 in Deventer with your questions or requests.